In April 2015, Raleigh Rugby added youth rugby to our family. It’s a safe, fun, easy way for kids to learn and fall in love with the newest Olympic sport. While playing at our gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, your kids are encouraged to have fun while being groomed into being the best rugby players they can be. Give your kids the opportunity to move up through the teams in our organization, and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the US.
The Rattlesnakes’ Rookies 10U Rugby team introduces safe tackling and includes boys and girls ages 10 and under. Minimal equipment is required and fun is expected.
**Player must be 10 years old or younger on September 1st, 2021 in order to be eligible for Rookies rugby.**
- Practices are on Mondays & Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm. Players should arrive early and be ready to warm-up starting at 6:30pm.
- New players are welcome to join at any time during the season! We also offer new players an opportunity to try as practice before paying dues. Select “free trial” when registering.
- Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Cleats, a mouth guard & a water bottle are required for practice & games.
- Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, black tall socks, a mouth guard, and a red Rattlesnakes Team warm-up shirt. Required uniform and Rattlesnakes fan swag can be purchased at our online team store.
DUES & REGISTRATION:
- $150 for Spring Season (includes entry fee to Ruggerfest Tournament)
- NOTE: Dues do not include Youth & High School Rugby Membership fees (~$50) which will need to be paid yearly and is valid from Sept 2021-Sept 2022.
- New players must register through our website. Once registered, you will receive a follow-up email from our youth director within a week. Please make sure to read all details in that email.
- Scholarships are available for those in financial need. Please email Sunny Myers with any concerns.
2022 SPRING SCHEDULE:
|2/27||10am-3pm||Home||Rhinos Rugby Academy Clinic|
|3/5-3/6||All Day||Matthews Sportplex – Matthews, NC||Ruggerfest Tournament|
|3/27||Southern Pines||Various Teams|
|4/9||Bye (Spring Break)||Bye (Spring Break)|
|4/16||Bye (Holiday)||Bye (Holiday)|
|4/30||10:30am||Home||Redhawks / Chapel Hill|