In 2016, Raleigh Rugby Football Club added 14U rugby. It’s a safe, fun, easy way for kids to learn and fall in love with the newest Olympic sport. While playing at our gorgeous Bermuda grass facilities, your kids are encouraged to have fun while being encouraged and developed into being the best rugby players they can be. Our youth tackle rugby teams prepare your kids for the next level. Give your kids the opportunity to move up through the teams in our organization and be a part of the fastest-growing sport in the US. Minimal equipment is required, and fun is expected.
**Player must be 14 years old or younger on September 1st, 2022.**
- Practices are on Mondays & Wednesdays from 6pm-8pm starting on 1/9/2023. Players should arrive early and be ready to warm-up starting at 6:00pm.
- New players are welcome to join at any time during the season! We also offer new players an opportunity to try as practice before paying dues. Select “free trial” when registering.
- Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Cleats, a mouth guard & a water bottle are required for practice & games.
- New players are welcome to join at any time during the season! We also offer new players an opportunity to try a practice. Select “free trial” when registering.
- Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, black tall socks, a mouth guard, and a red Rattlesnakes Team warm-up shirt. Required uniform and Rattlesnakes fan swag can be purchased at our online team store.
DUES & REGISTRATION:
- $175 for Spring Season (includes entry fee to Ruggerfest Tournament)
- NOTE: Dues do not include Youth & High School Rugby Membership fees (~$50) which will need to be paid yearly and is valid from Sept 2022-Sept 2023.
- Players must register through our website. Once registered, you will receive a follow-up email from us within a week. Please make sure to read all details in that email.
- Scholarships are available for those in financial need; select “scholarship” when registering. Please email us with any concerns.
As a non-profit, volunteer-based organization, we rely on volunteer involvement for the success of our program and organization. For Spring, every parent/guardian must complete (2) volunteer shifts (~4 hours) per player for the Spring season. Additional information about volunteer requirements will be shared in the welcome email and the parent/guardian meeting.
2023 SPRING SCHEDULE:
|2/11 (Sat.)||TBD||Home||Practice, Scrimmage, + Social|
|2/25 (Sat.)||1:00pm||Home||TBD (scrimmage)|
|3/4 & 3/5||All Day||Sportsplex in Matthews, NC||Carolina Ruggerfest Tournament|
|3/12 (Sun.)||TBD||Corinth Holders High School – Wendell, NC||Youth Jamboree|
|3/19 (Sun.)||TBD||Southern Pines, NC||Youth Jamboree|
|3/26 (Sun.)||TBD||TM Wingate Park – Charlotte, NC||Youth Jamboree|
|4/2 (Sun.)||TBD||Corinth Holders High School – Wendell, NC||Youth Jamboree|
|4/16 (Sun.)||TBD||Home||Youth Jamboree|
|4/22 (Sat.)||TBD||Home||Cayman Islands|
|4/30 (Sun.)||TBD||Home||Youth Jamboree|
|5/7 (Sun.)||TBD||Northeast Park – Gibsonville, NC||State Championship Event|
|***Youth Jamborees will be on Sundays between 12pm-6pm. Age groups will play in consolidated time slots as much as possible so that teams aren’t there for the entire Jamboree timeframe. ***|