Founded in 2006, the Raleigh Rattlesnakes is the longest-running high school boys program in the triangle area and benefit from working directly with coaches that have played high-caliber rugby at a national level for our men’s team, the Raleigh Vipers. The team will have the unique opportunity to work directly with some of the current Vipers Players at instructional camps and various other events.
Whether just getting started or looking for an opportunity to showcase skills and play in college, players of all skill levels are welcome to join us at any point during the season. As one of the premier rugby clubs in the triangle, Raleigh Rugby boasts its own, gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, and a family of other teams to help encourage and develop you into the best rugby player you can be. Join the movement and be a part of the fastest-growing sport in the U.S.
Why play rugby?
- Opportunities for college team placement
- Opportunities for USA Rugby scouting visibility
- Incidence of injury in rugby is 10% compared to 52% in NCAA college football
- Football teams that implement rugby-style tackling not only have a lower missed tackle percentage but also fewer concussions.
2022-2023 SPRING 15’s SEASON INFORMATION:
- Practices are on Mondays & Wednesdays from 6pm-8pm. Players should arrive early and be ready to warm up starting at 6:00pm.
- Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Cleats, a mouth guard & a water bottle are required for practice & games.
- New players are welcome to join at any time during the season! We also offer new players an opportunity to try as practice before paying dues. Select “free trial” when registering.
- Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, black tall socks, a mouth guard, and a red Rattlesnakes Team warm-up shirt. Required uniform and Rattlesnakes fan swag can be purchased at our online team store.
DUES & REGISTRATION:
- $175 for Spring 15’s (includes Ruggerfest registration fee)
- NOTE: Dues do not include Youth & High School Rugby Membership fees (~$50) which will need to be paid yearly and is valid from Sept 2022-Sept 2023.
- Players must register through our website. Once registered, you will receive a follow-up email from us within a week. Please make sure to read all details in that email.
- Scholarship opportunities are available for those in financial need. Please email us with any concerns.
As a non-profit, volunteer-based organization, we rely on volunteer involvement for the success of our program and organization. For Spring 15s, every parent/guardian must complete (2) volunteer shifts (~4 hours total) per player for the Spring season. Additional information about volunteer requirements will be shared in the welcome email and the player/guardian meeting.
SPRING 15’s SEASON GAME SCHEDULE:
|2/11 (Sat.)||11am||Home||Practice, Scrimmage, + Social|
|2/25 (Sat.)||11:00am||Home||Scrimmage vs Chapel Hill/Greensboro|
|3/4 & 3/5||–||Matthews, NC||Carolina Ruggerfest Tournament|
|3/11 (Sat.)||1:00pm||Corinth Holders High School – Wendell, NC||Clayton|
|4/1 (Sat.)||1pm||Varina High School, 7053 Messer Rd, Henrico, VA 23231||Richmond Strikers|
|4/8||–||–||Bye (Easter Weekend & Tropical 7s)|
|4/15 (Sat.)||TBD||Charlotte, NC||Cardinals|
|4/29||–||–||Bye or Make-Up|