Founded in 2006, the Raleigh Rattlesnakes is the longest-running high school boys program in the triangle area, and benefit from working directly with coaches that have played high-caliber rugby at a national level for our men’s team, the Raleigh Vipers. The team will have the unique opportunity to work directly with some of the current Vipers at instructional camps and various other events.
Whether just getting started or looking for an opportunity to showcase skills and play in college, players of all skill levels are welcome to join us at any point during the season. As one of the premier rugby clubs in the triangle, Raleigh Rugby boasts its own, gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, and a family of other teams to help groom you into the best rugby player you can be. Join the movement and be a part of the fastest-growing sport in the U.S.
Why play rugby?
- Opportunities for college team placement
- Opportunities for USA Rugby scouting visibility
- Incidence of injury in rugby is 10% compared to 52% in NCAA college football
- Football teams that implement rugby-style tackling not only have a lower missed tackle percentage, but also fewer concussions. Check out the Seattle Seahawks.
- Practices are on Mondays & Wednesdays from 6:00-8:00pm. Players should arrive early and be ready to warm-up starting at 6:00pm.
- Winter 15’s League practices will start on Monday, 11/8
- Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Cleats, a mouth guard & a water bottle are required for practice & games.
Interested players are welcome to attend a practice before signing up. For more info, please contact our youth director prior to attending.
- Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, black tall socks, a mouth guard, and a red Rattlesnakes Team warm-up shirt. Required uniform and Rattlesnakes fan swag can be purchased at our online team store.
DUES & REGISTRATION:
- $100 for Winter 15’s (November-February)
- $150 for Spring 15’s (March-May) (includes entry fee to Ruggerfest Tournament)
- NOTE: Dues do not include Youth & High School Rugby Membership fees (~$50) which will need to be paid yearly and is valid from Sept 2021-Sept 2022.
- New players must register through our website & complete the COVID Waiver. Once registered, you will receive a follow-up email from our youth director within a week. Please make sure to read all details in that email.
- Scholarship opportunities are available for those in financial need. Please email Sunny Myers with any concerns.
2021-22 WINTER 15’s GAME SCHEDULE:
|Saturday, 12/11||CANCELED, may move to 1/29|
|Sunday, 12/12||Charlotte (528 N. Summit Ave)||Collegiate Expo/Clinic (optional)||1-4pm – register HERE|
|Saturday, 12/18||Home||Alderson Broaddus University Clinic (optional)||12:30pm – register HERE|
|Saturday, 1/8||St. John Paul II Catholic School – 2922 Camp Easter Rd., Southern Pines, NC||Southern Pines||12pm|
|Saturday, 1/15||Home||Eastern Motley||12pm|
|Saturday, 1/29||TBD||reserved for make-up games (in needed)||–|
|Saturday, 2/5||TBD||Wildcard Playoffs||TBD|
2022 SPRING 15’s GAME SCHEDULE:
|3/5-3/6||Matthews, NC||Ruggerfest Tournament|
|3/12 or 3/13||TBD||TBD|
|4/2 or 4/3||TBD||TBD|
|4/9||Bye (Spring Break)||Bye (Spring Break)|
|4/16||Bye (Holiday)||Bye (Holiday)|
|4/23 or 4/24||TBD||TBD|
|4/30 or 5/1||TBD||TBD|
|5/14 or 5/15||TBD||TBD|