In 2017, Raleigh Rugby welcomed the first season for the Triangle’s only high school girls rugby team, the Raleigh Cobras. As the only club in North Carolina with a nationally competitive Division 1 Women’s team, Raleigh’s middle and high school girls programs benefit from working with female coaches that have played high-caliber rugby at a national level. The team will have the unique opportunity to work directly with some of Raleigh’s Women’s players at instructional camps and various other events.
Whether just getting started or looking for an opportunity to showcase skills and play in college, players of all skill levels are welcome to join us at any point during the season. As one of the premier rugby clubs in the triangle, Raleigh Rugby boasts its own, gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, and a family of other teams to help groom you into the best rugby player you can be. Join the movement and be a part of the fastest-growing sport in the U.S. Email Lisa for more info.
- Practices are on Mondays & Wednesdays from 6:00-8:00pm. Players should arrive early and be ready to warm-up starting at 6:00pm.
- Winter 15’s practices will start on Wednesday, 11/10.
- Spring 15’s practices will continue after Winter League wraps up (mid-February)
- Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Cleats, a mouth guard & a water bottle are required for practice & games.
Interested players are welcome to attend a practice before signing up. For more info, please contact our youth director prior to attending.
- Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, black tall socks, a mouth guard, and a red Cobras Team warm-up shirt. Required uniform and Cobras fan swag can be purchased at our online team store.
DUES & REGISTRATION:
- $100 for Winter 15’s
- $150 for Spring 15’s (includes entry fee to Ruggerfest Tournament)
- NOTE: Dues do not include Youth & High School Rugby Membership fees (~$50) which will need to be paid yearly and is valid from Sept 2021-Sept 2022.
- New players must register through our website & complete the COVID Waiver. Once registered, you will receive a follow-up email from our our youth director within a week. Please make sure to read all details in that email.
- Scholarship opportunities are available for those in financial need. Please email Sunny Myers with any concerns.
2021-22 WINTER 15’s GAME SCHEDULE:
|Saturday, 12/4||Home||South Meck Savages||11am|
|Saturday, 12/11||12420 Bailey Road, Cornelius, NC 28031||Hough High School||12:30pm|
|Sunday, 12/12||Charlotte (528 N. Summit Ave)||Collegiate Expo/Clinic (optional)||1-4pm – register HERE|
|Saturday, 12/18||Postponed, new date TBD|
|Saturday, 1/15||Cario Middle School, 3500 Thomas Cario Blvd, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466||Oceanside/North Meck||1pm|
2022 SPRING 15’s GAME SCHEDULE:
|3/5-3/6||Matthews, NC||Ruggerfest Tournament|
|3/12 or 3/13||TBD||TBD|
|3/19-20||Knoxville, TN||Memphis & East Tennessee|
|4/2 or 4/3||TBD||TBD|
|4/9||Bye (Spring Break)||Bye (Spring Break)|
|4/16||Bye (Holiday)||Bye (Holiday)|
|4/23 or 4/24||TBD||TBD|
|4/30 or 5/1||TBD||TBD|
|5/14 or 5/15||TBD||TBD|