In April 2015, Raleigh Rugby added youth touch rugby to our family. It’s a safe, fun, easy way for kids to learn and fall in love with the newest Olympic sport. While playing at our gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, your kids are encouraged to have fun while being groomed into being the best rugby players they can be. Give your kids the opportunity to move up through the teams in our organization, and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the US.
The Rattlesnakes’ youth touch rugby teams include boys and girls from kindergarten through 4th-grade, but welcome mature kids at age 4. Our touch teams play against other local Triangle area teams. Minimal equipment is required and fun is expected.
SPRING ’20 INFORMATION
**Player must be at least age 4 to start, and at least 10 years old or younger on September 1st, 2019 in order to be eligible for Touch rugby.**
- Practice/Games are from 9:00-10:30am on Saturdays.
- Practice Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Cleats are required. We suggest players bring plenty of water.
- Dates: 3/21, 3/28, 4/4, 4/18, 4/25, 5/2
Player Registration & Dues:
- All returning and new players must register through our website prior to practicing.
- Annual dues are $100 and cover your players through July 31st, 2020, as well as include USA Rugby registration and liability. Dues may be paid through our website. If you have trouble paying, please reach out to our youth director, Sunny Myers, to make payment arrangements. Full and partial scholarships are also available to those in need.
Players will need black shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, a Red Rattlesnakes Team warm-up shirt. Discount gear and warm-up shirt can purchased at our online store on worldrugbyshop.com. Click on “Youth Rattlesnakes Touch.” If viewing on a mobile device, first click “Contracts”, then “Youth Rattlesnakes Touch.”