In April 2015, Raleigh Rugby added youth rugby to our family. It’s a safe, fun, easy way for kids to learn and fall in love with the newest Olympic sport. While playing at our gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, your kids are encouraged to have fun while being groomed into being the best rugby players they can be. Give your kids the opportunity to move up through the teams in our organization, and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the US.
The Rattlesnakes’ Rookies Rugby team introduces safe tackling and includes boys and girls ages 10 and under. Our rookie tackle team plays against other local Triangle area teams. Minimal equipment is required and fun is expected.
**Player must be 10 years old or younger on September 1st, 2020 in order to be eligible for Rookies rugby.**
PRACTICE, REGISTRATION & DUES
- Practices are on Mondays & Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm starting 3/1/21. Players are expected to arrive between 6-6:15pm to allow time for check-in procedures.
- All returning 2020/2021 Winter League players must notify our youth director by 3/1/21 if planning to play in Spring.
- New players must register through our website & complete the COVID Waiver. Once registered, you will receive a follow-up email from our our youth director within a week. Please make sure to read all details in that email.
- Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Mask, cleats, mouth guards & water bottles are required for practice & games.
- Dues are $50 for the Spring Season for both returning & new players. If you have trouble paying, please reach out to our youth director to make arrangements. Full and partial scholarships are available to those in need.
Interested players are welcome to attend a practice before signing-up. For more info, please contact our youth director prior to attending.
- Games will be held on Saturdays starting mid-March & running through April. We are hoping to extend the season to May. Game times will vary each week and a detailed schedule will be sent out via our communications platforms the week of.
- Players will be required to wear masks while not actively playing. Coaches & spectators must wear a mask at all times.
- Spectators will be allowed to attend but must remain in spectator zone, social distance from other spectators and wear a mask.
- Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, black tall socks, a mouthguard and a Red Rattlesnakes Team warm-up shirt. Rattlesnakes swag and required gear can be purchased at our online team store.