2019 North Carolina State Champions
In 2016, Raleigh Rugby Football Club added juniors rugby. It’s a safe, fun, easy way for kids to learn and fall in love with the newest Olympic sport. While playing at our gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, your kids are encouraged to have fun while being groomed into being the best rugby players they can be. Our youth tackle rugby teams prepare your kids for the next level. Give your kids the opportunity to move up through the teams in our organization, and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the US.
The Rattlesnakes’ youth Juniors Rugby team includes boys and girls ages 12 and under. Our Juniors tackle team plays against other local Triangle area teams. Minimal equipment is required and fun is expected.
SPRING ’20 INFORMATION
**Player must be 12 years old or younger on September 1st, 2019 in order to be eligible for Juniors rugby.**
- Mandatory Team Practices on Tuesdays & Thursdays starting 1/14/20.
- Practices times are from 6:30-8:00pm. Players are expected to start warming up promptly at 6:30pm.
- Practice Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Mouthguard & cleats are required for practices. We suggest players bring plenty of water.
Player Registration & Dues:
- All returning and new players must register through our website prior to practicing.
- Annual dues are $150 and cover your players through July 31st, 2020, as well as include USA Rugby registration and liability. Dues may be paid through our website. If you have trouble paying, please reach out to our youth director, Sunny Myers, to make payment arrangements. Full and partial scholarships are also available to those in need.
- With the exception of Carolina Ruggerfest during the 15s season, tournament fees will be split amongst players attending tournament (average $15-$20/player per tournament).
Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, black tall socks, a mouth guard and a Red Rattlesnakes Team warm-up shirt. Discount gear and warm-up shirt can purchased at our online store on worldrugbyshop.com. Click on “Youth Rattlesnakes Tackle.” If viewing on a mobile device, first click “Contracts”, then “Youth Rattlesnakes Tackle.”
Spring 2020 Game Schedule:
|Feb. 23rd||2pm||Raleigh||Clayton||Scrimmage||Raleigh Poole Road Rugby Complex|
|Mar. 1st||2pm||Raleigh||Redhawks||Scrimmage||Raleigh Poole Road Rugby Complex|
|Mar. 7th & 8th||Carolina Ruggerfest||Sportsplex | Matthews, NC|
|Mar. 15th||2pm-6pm (game times will vary each week)||Jamboree||Corinth Holders High School, Wendell, NC|
|Mar. 22nd||2pm-6pm (game times will vary each week)||Jamboree||Raleigh Poole Road Rugby Complex|
|Mar. 29th||2pm-6pm (game times will vary each week)||Jamboree||Raleigh Poole Road Rugby Complex|
|Apr. 5th||2pm-6pm (game times will vary each week)||Jamboree||Corinth Holders High School, Wendell, NC|
|Apr. 12th||Bye (Easter)||–||–||–||–|
|Apr. 19th||2pm-6pm (game times will vary each week)||Jamboree||Raleigh Poole Road Rugby Complex|
|Apr. 25th & 26th||All Day||International Youth Tournament||Richmond, VA|
|May 2nd||All Day||Triangle Area Youth Rugby Association Championships||Corinth Holders High School, Wendell, NC|
|May 9th||All Day||North Carolina Youth Rugby Union State Championships||North East Park, Gibsonville, NC|