In 2016, Raleigh Rugby Football Club added middle school rugby. It’s a safe, fun, easy way for kids to learn and fall in love with the newest Olympic sport. While playing at our gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, your kids are encouraged to have fun while being groomed into being the best rugby players they can be. Our youth tackle rugby teams prepare your kids for the next level. Give your kids the opportunity to move up through the teams in our organization, and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the US.
The Rattlesnakes’ Middle School Rugby team includes boys not in high school and ages 14 and under, unless in 9th grade. Minimal equipment is required and fun is expected.
**Player must be 14 years old or younger on September 1st, 2020 and still in middle school, in order to be eligible for Middle School rugby. High school freshman ages 14, must register for our high school boys team.**
TRAINING SESSIONS, REGISTRATION & DUES:
- Mondays & Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm. Players are expected to arrive between 6-6:15pm to allow time for check-in procedures.
- All returning and new players must register through our website in order to attend a training session, complete the COVID Waiver, and pay dues. If you have trouble paying, please reach out to our youth director to make arrangements. Full and partial scholarships are available to those in need.
- Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Mask, cleats, mouth guards & water bottles are required for training sessions.
Interested players are welcome to attend a few practices before signing-up. To register, please contact our youth director.
WINTER LEAGUE 7s SEASON GAMES:
- Games will be held on Saturdays from December 5th-February 6th. Game times will vary each week and a detailed schedule will be sent out via our communications platforms the week of.
- Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, black tall socks, a mouthguard and a Red Rattlesnakes Team warm-up shirt. Rattlesnakes swag and required gear can be purchased at our online team store.
WINTER LEAGUE GAME SCHEDULE:
- Saturday, 12/5 @ East Clayton Community Park
- Saturday, 12/12 @ East Clayton Community Park
- Saturday, 1/9 in Charlotte Area
- Saturday, 1/16 in Charlotte Area
- Saturday, 1/23 @ East Clayton Community Park
- Saturday, 1/30 @ East Clayton Community Park
- Saturday, 2/6 in Greenboro or Southern Pines