Founded in 2006, the Raleigh Rattlesnakes is the longest running high school boys program in the triangle area, and benefit from working directly with coaches that have played high caliber rugby at a national level for our men’s team, the Raleigh Vipers. The team will have the unique opportunity to work directly with some of the current Vipers at instructional camps and various other events.
Whether just getting started or looking for an opportunity to showcase skills and play in college, players of all skill levels are welcome to join us at any point during the season. As one of the premiere rugby clubs in the triangle, Raleigh Rugby boasts its own, gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, and a family of other teams to help groom you into the best rugby player you can be. Join the movement and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the U.S.
Why play rugby?
- Opportunities for college team placement
- Opportunities for USA Rugby scouting visibility
- Incidence of injury in rugby is 10% compared to 52% in NCAA college football
- Football teams that implement rugby-style tackling not only have a lower missed tackle percentage, but also less concussions. Check out the Seattle Seahawks.
PRACTICE, REGISTRATION & DUES:
- Summer 7s practices are on Mondays & Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm.
- New players must register through our website & complete the COVID Waiver. Once registered, you will receive a follow-up email from our our youth director within a week. Please make sure to read all details in that email.
- Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Cleats, mouth guards & water bottles are required for practice & games.
- There are no dues for the Summer 7s but tournament fees are split amongst players for each tournament ($15-$25/player). If you have trouble paying, please reach out to our youth director to make arrangements. Full and partial scholarships are available to those in need.
Interested players are welcome to attend a practice before signing-up. For more info, please contact our youth director prior to attending.
- Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, black tall socks, a mouthguard and a Red Cobras Team warm-up shirt. Cobras swag and required gear can be purchased at our online team store.
2021 SUMMER 7s SCHEDULE:
- Saturday, 6/26 in Raleigh
- Saturday, 7/17 in Durham