In April 2015, Raleigh Rugby added youth touch rugby to our family. It’s a safe, fun, easy way for kids to learn and fall in love with the newest Olympic sport. While playing at our gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, your kids are encouraged to have fun while being groomed into being the best rugby players they can be. Give your kids the opportunity to move up through the teams in our organization, and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the US.
The Rattlesnakes’ youth touch rugby teams include boys and girls from kindergarten through 4th-grade, but welcome mature kids at age 4. Our touch teams play against other local Triangle area teams. Minimal equipment is required and fun is expected.
FREE SUMMER TOUCH RUGBY PRACTICES
Schools out for summer and your kids need to be outside playing! Join us for free, touch-rugby practices every other Thursday this summer. Whether your kids have played before or are just starting out, we’d love to have them! For questions or more information, please email our youth director, Sunny Myers.
- Open to boys and girls from kindergarten through 8th-grade & mature kids at age 4
- Age groups will split as necessary
- Join at any time during the season
- Practices are on every other Thursday from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM at Poole Road Rugby Complex. Dates include:
- 5/24, 6/7, 6/21, 7/12, 7/26, 8/9 & 8/23
- Players should bring soccer cleats & water to every practice
- New players must register prior to practicing. Register here.