In April 2015, Raleigh Rugby added youth rugby to our family. It’s a safe, fun, easy way for kids to learn and fall in love with the newest Olympic sport. While playing at our gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, your kids are encouraged to have fun while being groomed into being the best rugby players they can be. Give your kids the opportunity to move up through the teams in our organization, and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the US.
The Rattlesnakes’ Rookies Rugby team introduces safe tackling and includes boys and girls ages 10 and under. Our rookie tackle team plays against other local Triangle area teams. Minimal equipment is required and fun is expected.
FREE FALL YOUTH RUGBY CLINICS
Open to girls and boys, ages 5-18. For more info and registration, click here.
SPRING ’20 INFORMATION
**Player must be at least 10 years old on September 1st, 2019 in order to be eligible for Rookies rugby. If they turn 10 after September first, please see our youth Touch Rugby team.**
- Mandatory Team Practices on Tuesdays & Thursdays starting 1/14/20.
- Practices times are from 6:30-8:00pm. Players are expected to start warming up promptly at 6:30pm.
- Practice Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Mouthguard & cleats are required for practices. We suggest players bring plenty of water.
Player Registration & Dues:
- All returning and new players must register through our website prior to practicing.
- Annual dues are $150 and cover your players through July 31st, 2020, as well as include USA Rugby registration and liability. Dues may be paid through our website. If you have trouble paying, please reach out to our youth director, Sunny Myers, to make payment arrangements. Full and partial scholarships are also available to those in need.
- With the exception of Carolina Ruggerfest during the 15s season, tournament fees will be split amongst players attending tournament (average $15-$20/player per tournament).
Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, black tall socks, a mouth guard and a Red Rattlesnakes Team warm-up shirt. Discount gear and warm-up shirt can purchased at our online store on worldrugbyshop.com. Click on “Youth Rattlesnakes Tackle.” If viewing on a mobile device, first click “Contracts”, then “Youth Rattlesnakes Tackle.”
Game Days – We expect to have a finalized Spring schedule by end of December/early January. Games will be on Saturdays or Sundays, most within “day-of” driving distance and should start the second weekend of March and end mid-May.
Tournaments – We will be attending Carolina Ruggerfest Youth Tournament on March 7-8, 2020 in Matthews, NC.
Scrimmages – We will have two friendly local scrimmages in February.