In 2016, Raleigh Rugby Football Club added juniors rugby. It’s a safe, fun, easy way for kids to learn and fall in love with the newest Olympic sport. While playing at our gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, your kids are encouraged to have fun while being groomed into being the best rugby players they can be. Our youth tackle rugby teams prepare your kids for the next level. Give your kids the opportunity to move up through the teams in our organization, and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the US.
The Rattlesnakes’ youth Junior Rugby team includes boys and girls from 5th and 6th grade. Our Junior tackle team plays against other local Triangle area teams. Minimal equipment is required and fun is expected.
FREE SUMMER TOUCH RUGBY PRACTICES
Schools out for summer and your kids need to be outside playing! Join us for free, touch-rugby practices every other Thursday this summer. Whether your kids have played before or are just starting out, we’d love to have them! For questions or more information, please email our youth director, Sunny Myers.
- Open to boys and girls from kindergarten through 8th-grade & mature kids at age 4
- Age groups will split as necessary
- Join at any time during the season
- Practices are on every other Thursday from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM at Poole Road Rugby Complex. Dates include:
- 6/21, 7/12, 7/26, 8/9 & 8/23
- Players should bring soccer cleats & water to every practice
- New players must register prior to practicing. Register here.