In April 2015, Raleigh Rugby added youth touch rugby to our family. It’s a safe, fun, easy way for kids to learn and fall in love with the newest Olympic sport. While playing at our gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, your kids are encouraged to have fun while being groomed into being the best rugby players they can be. Give your kids the opportunity to move up through the teams in our organization, and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the US.
The Rattlesnakes’ youth touch rugby teams typically include kids from kindergarten through 4th-grade, but welcome mature kids of younger ages. Our U8 and U10 programs play against other local Triangle area teams. Minimal equipment is required and fun is expected.
SPRING SEASON GENERAL INFORMATION
- U-8 (Kindergarten,1st & 2nd graders) – Coed
- U-10 (3rd & 4th graders) – Coed
- Practices are on Thursdays from 6:00 PM to 7:15 PM at Poole Road Rugby Complex.
- First practice is 2/22
- Make sure player has soccer cleats & water at every practice
- We will hold Jamborees (multiple games) on Saturday mornings from 9:00am-11:30am
- We will play against other local area teams. Games are held at home, Cary, or Clayton.
- See Below. Jamborees will be held on the following days: 3/17, 3/24, 4/7, 4/14, 4/21, & 4/28.
- For games, players will need to wear black shorts & black socks (no logos or other colors on socks).
- Rugby/Soccer cleats must be worn to practice & games. Tennis shoes/sneakers are NOT allowed. No exceptions.
- Players are required to bring water to every practice & game.
- For colder weather games players are allowed to wear black pants and a long sleeved black shirt under jerseys
- No jackets or sweaters are to be worn over their jerseys on game days.
Dues & Registration:
- $100 (includes USA Rugby Registration-CIPP & jersey)
- Player must be registered & dues paid no later than 3/16/18
- If you have paid family dues ($450 max) for the Fall 2017 & Spring 2018 season, please contact Sunny to let her know.
- Scholarships are available. Please contact Sunny Myers for more information.
- REGISTER HERE
Full Game Schedule:
|3/17||9am-11am||Cary & Raleigh||Poole Rd. Rugby Complex|
|3/24||9am-11am||Raleigh||Poole Rd. Rugby Complex|
|4/7||9am-11am||Clayton||East Clayton Community Park
1774 Glen Laurel Road, Clayton, NC 27527
|4/14||9am-11am||Raleigh||Poole Rd. Rugby Complex|
|4/21||2pm-4pm||N. Raleigh||Brier Creek Community Center
10810 Globe Road, Morrisville, NC 27560
|4/28||9am-11am||Raleigh||Poole Rd. Rugby Complex|