In April 2015, Raleigh Rugby Football Club added Youth Rookie Rugby. Rookie Rugby is the US Brand of touch rugby. It’s a safe, fun, easy way for kids to learn and fall in love with the fastest growing sport in the country. The Rattlesnakes touch team(s) will play games against other local Triangle area teams. The rules are simple, the game is easy to learn, and minimal equipment is required.
Read more about youth rugby here.
For questions or additional information, please contact Sunny Myers.
- U-8 (1st & 2nd graders) – Coed
- U-10 (3rd & 4th graders) – Coed
Practice Details: Wednesdays from 6pm-7:30pm at Poole Road Rugby Complex. First practice is 3/1/17.
- layers will need to practice in rugby shorts & soccer cleats. Also, make sure player brings water to every practice/clinic.
- Players will need black rugby shorts & socks (no other colors on shorts/socks) for games. (visit World Rugby Shop to purchase rugby gear)
- Tennis shoes/sneakers are NOT allowed.
- For colder weather games, a long sleeved black shirt worn under their jersey is allowed.
- No jackets or sweaters are to be worn over/under their jerseys on game days.
Saturday mornings from 9:00am-11:30am against other local area teams
|4/8||No Games (Spring Break)|
|4/15||No Games (Spring Break)|
- $100 (includes USA Rugby Registration-CIPP & jersey)
- One Parent/Guardian & Player are required to participate in Spring Fundraiser and also help with concessions at one home game. Spring Fundraiser TBD, ideas welcome.
- Dues must be paid no later than 2/22/17.
Registration: For dues payments & registration please click here. You must register and pay dues by 2/22/17.