Want to be a part of the fastest growing sport in America? Whether you’re just getting started or looking for an opportunity to showcase your skills and play in college, players of all skill levels are welcome to join us at any point during the season. As one of the premiere rugby clubs in the triangle, Raleigh Rugby boasts its own, gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, and a family of other teams to help groom you into the best rugby player you can be. Join the movement and be a part of the newest olympic sport.
Why play rugby?
- Opportunities for college team placement
- Opportunities for USA Rugby scouting visibility
- Incidence of injury in rugby is 10% compared to 52% in NCAA college football
- Football teams that implement rugby style tackling not only have a lower missed tackle percentage, but also less concussions. Check out the Seattle Seahawks.
Summer 2018 Information
Season: May 15th through August 4th
Practices: Tuesdays, 7:00-9:00 PM (Touch w/ the Vipers)
Games: Tournament Entry fees will be divided among players.
- Clayton Memorial Weekend 7’s, May 26th – Wendell, NC
- Powerade State Games 7’s, June 30th – Greensboro, NC
- Cottontown 7’s, July 14th – Clayton, NC
- Oak City 7’s, August 4th – Raleigh, NC
Players are encouraged to wear rugby shorts and soccer cleats. Mouthguards are required.