Founded in 2006, the Raleigh Rattlesnakes are the oldest high school boys program in the triangle area, and benefit from working directly with coaches that have played high caliber rugby at a national level for our men’s team, the Raleigh Vipers. The team will have the unique opportunity to work directly with some of the current Vipers at instructional camps and various other events.
Whether just getting started or looking for an opportunity to showcase skills and play in college, players of all skill levels are welcome to join us at any point during the season. As one of the premiere rugby clubs in the triangle, Raleigh Rugby boasts its own, gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, and a family of other teams to help groom you into the best rugby player you can be. Join the movement and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the U.S.
Why play rugby?
- Opportunities for college team placement
- Opportunities for USA Rugby scouting visibility
- Incidence of injury in rugby is 10% compared to 52% in NCAA college football
- Football teams that implement rugby style tackling not only have a lower missed tackle percentage, but also less concussions. Check out the Seattle Seahawks.
SUMMER ’19 INFORMATION
Practices (5/7 – 8/3):
- Mandatory Team Practices on Tuesdays – 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Touch Rugby with Venom & Vipers on Thursdays- 7:00pm-8:30pm (It is strongly recommended that girls attend this. Touch is one of the best ways to learn.)
Player Registration & Dues:
- All returning and new players must register through our website prior to practicing
- 7s Season dues are $100 total for new players. Dues may be paid through our website. This will cover your player through beginning of August of 2019 as well as include USA Rugby registration and liability. If you have trouble paying, please reach out to your youth director to make arrangements. Full and partial scholarships are available to those in need.
- Returning players will not need to pay summer dues.
- Tournament fees will be split amongst players attending tournament (average $15-$20/player per tournament).
Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, a mouth guard and a warm-up shirt. Discount gear and warm-up shirt can purchased at our online store on worldrugbyshop.com.
|June 1st, 2019||Powerade State Games||Huntersville|
|July 6th-7th, 2019||Cape Fear 7s||Wilmington|
|July 13th, 2019||Cottontown 7s||Clayton|
|August 3rd, 2019||Oak City 7s||Raleigh|