In 2016, Raleigh Rugby Football Club added Youth Tackle Rugby. It’s a fun, easy way for kids to learn and fall in love with the fastest growing sport in the country. The rules are simple, the game is easy to learn, and minimal equipment is required.
SPRING SEASON GENERAL INFORMATION
Age Group Description:
U-12 (5th & 6th graders) – Born in 2002 or 2003 (Coed)
U-14 (7th & 8th graders) – Born in 2000 or 2001 (Coed) *As of now, U-14 will just play with our U-12 players
High-schoolers – please visit our JV/Varsity page
Practice details: Wednesdays from 6:00PM to 8:00PM at Poole Road Rugby Complex.
- $125 (includes USA Rugby Registration-CIPP & warm up t-shirt)
- One Parent/Guardian & Player are required to participate in Spring Fundraiser and also help with concessions at one home game. Spring Fundraiser TBD, ideas welcome.
- Dues must be paid no later than 1/25/17.
- Players will need to practice in rugby shorts & soccer cleats. Also, make sure player brings water to every practice/clinic.
Players will need black rugby shorts & socks (no other colors on shorts/socks) for games. (visit World Rugby Shop to purchase rugby gear.)
- Tennis shoes/sneakers are NOT allowed.
- For colder weather games, a long sleeved black shirt worn under their jersey is allowed.
- No jackets or sweaters are to be worn over/under their jerseys on game days.
Registration: For dues and registration please click here.
- Sundays, from 2:00PM to 6:00PM.
- Locations – Clayton, Raleigh, Fayetteville, Charlotte, & Richmond