Beginning Spring 2019, Raleigh Rugby will be offering the only Middle School Girls Rugby team in Eastern North Carolina. While our hope is that the program will continue to grow, it’s going to take some time. In the meantime, we take advantage of every opportunity for the girls to play together while also encouraging them to play on our Juniors 12U coed side. All of our girls last season played on both teams and had a BLAST…they even won a State Championship! If you have any questions about what the season may look like or anything else, please reach out!
As the only club in NC with a nationally competitive Division 1 Women’s team, Raleigh’s middle and high school girls programs benefit from working with female coaches that have played high caliber rugby at a national level. The team will have the unique opportunity to work directly with some of Raleigh’s Women’s players at instructional camps and various other events.
Players of all skill levels are welcome to join us at any point during the season.
**Player must in 5th-8th grade in order to play with our Middle School Girls Team. High school freshman ages 14, must register for our high school girls team.**
2020 TRAINING SESSIONS (NON-CONTACT):
- We are holding non-contact training sessions on 10/24/20 & 10/31/20 from 10-11:30am. Starting on 11/4/20, we plan to hold Wednesday night training sessions, 6:30-8pm, for the remainder of the year.
- All returning and new players must register through our website in order to attend a training session, complete the COVID Waiver, and register with USA Rugby (Note: Do not register as a training membership as it will give you an error). USAR memberships are valid until 7/31/21.
- Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Cleats are required for training sessions. We suggest players bring plenty of water.
REGULAR SEASON INFORMATION:
- Youth tackle rugby usually runs from January-May. However, the official season start date is TBD at this time. We are following USA Rugby & North Carolina Youth Rugby Union Return to Play Guidelines. We are holding non-contact training sessions at the time. See “2020 Training Sessions” for more info.
- During the regular season, mandatory practices are every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30-8:00pm. Players are expected to start warming up promptly at 6:30pm.
- Practice Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Mouthguard & cleats are required for practices. We suggest players bring plenty of water.
PLAYER REGISTRATION & DUES:
- All returning and new players must register through our website prior to practicing.
- During the time we are holding training sessions only, we will not be charging additional dues besides what you have to pay directly to USAR (refer to “Training Sessions” section above)
- During the regular season, annual dues are $150 and cover your player through July 31st, 2021, as well as include USA Rugby registration and liability. Dues may be paid through our website. If you have trouble paying, please reach out to our youth director to make arrangements. Full and partial scholarships are available to those in need.
- With the exception of Carolina Ruggerfest during the 15s season, tournament fees will be split amongst players attending tournament (average $15-$20/player per tournament).
Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, black tall socks, a mouthguard and a Red Rattlesnakes Team warm-up shirt. Discount gear and warm-up shirt can be purchased at our online store on worldrugbyshop.com. Click on “Cobras.” If viewing on a mobile device, first click “Contracts”, then “Cobras.”
Game Days – TBD at this time.
Tournaments – TBD at this time.
Scrimmages – TBD at this time.