Beginning Spring 2019, Raleigh Rugby will be offering the only Middle School Girls Rugby team in the Triangle area, the Raleigh Cobras. As the only club in North Carolina with a nationally ranked Division 1 Women’s team, Raleigh’s middle and high school girls programs benefit from working with female coaches that have played high caliber rugby at a national level. The team will have the unique opportunity to work directly with some of Raleigh’s Women’s players at instructional camps and various other events. Players of all skill levels are welcome to join us at any point during the season.
As one of the premiere rugby clubs in the triangle, Raleigh Rugby boasts its own, gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, and a family of other teams to help groom you into the best rugby player you can be. Join the movement and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the U.S.
FREE FALL YOUTH RUGBY CLINICS
Open to girls and boys, ages 5-18. For more info and registration, click here.
SPRING ’20 INFORMATION
Last year, Raleigh Rugby had the only Middle School Girls team in the eastern part of the state. While our hope is that the program will continue to grow, it’s going to take some time. In the meantime, we take advantage of every opportunity for the girls to play together while also encouraging them to play on our Juniors 12U coed side. All of our girls last season played on both teams and had an absolute BLAST…they even won a State Championship! If you have any questions about what the season may look like or anything else, please reach out!
**Player must be at least 11 years old on September 1st, 2019 and still in middle school, in order to be eligible for Middle School rugby. If they turn 11 after September first, please see our Juniors rugby team. High school freshman ages 14, must register for our high school girls team.**
- Mandatory Team Practices on Tuesdays & Thursdays starting 1/14/20.
- Practices times are from 6:30-8:00pm. Players are expected to start warming up promptly at 6:30pm.
- Practice Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Mouthguard & cleats are required for practices. We suggest players bring plenty of water.
Player Registration & Dues:
- All returning and new players must register through our website prior to practicing.
- Annual dues are $150 and cover your players through July 31st, 2020, as well as include USA Rugby registration and liability. Dues may be paid through our website. If you have trouble paying, please reach out to our youth director, Sunny Myers, to make payment arrangements. Full and partial scholarships are also available to those in need.
- With the exception of Carolina Ruggerfest during the 15s season, tournament fees will be split amongst players attending tournament (average $15-$20/player per tournament).
Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, black tall socks, a mouth guard and a Red Rattlesnakes Team warm-up shirt. Discount gear and warm-up shirt can purchased at our online store on worldrugbyshop.com. Click on “Cobras.” If viewing on a mobile device, first click “Contracts”, then “Cobras.”
Game Days – We expect to have a finalized Spring schedule by end of December/early January. Games will be on Saturdays or Sundays, most within “day-of” driving distance and should start the second weekend of March and end mid-May.
Tournaments – We will be attending Carolina Ruggerfest Youth Tournament on March 7-8, 2020 in Matthews, NC.
Scrimmages – We will have two friendly local scrimmages in February.