In 2017, Raleigh Rugby welcomed the first season for the Triangle’s only high school girls rugby team, the Raleigh Cobras. As the only club in North Carolina with a nationally ranked Division 1 Women’s team, Raleigh’s middle and high school girls programs benefit from working with female coaches that have played high caliber rugby at a national level. The team will have the unique opportunity to work directly with some of Raleigh’s Women’s players at instructional camps and various other events.
Whether just getting started or looking for an opportunity to showcase skills and play in college, players of all skill levels are welcome to join us at any point during the season. As one of the premiere rugby clubs in the triangle, Raleigh Rugby boasts its own, gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, and a family of other teams to help groom you into the best rugby player you can be. Join the movement and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the U.S.
FREE FALL YOUTH RUGBY CLINICS
Open to girls and boys, ages 5-18. For more info and registration, click here.
FALL ’19 INFORMATION
Competitive Fall 7s Series
- Mandatory Team Practices on Tuesdays from 6:30pm-8:30pm. The first practice will be August 13th.
- Tournaments are listed below.
- 15s season will begin immediately following the last 7s series tournament, on November 4th. It will last through April 2020.
- Mandatory practices will be every Monday and Wednesday from 6:30-8:30. Players are expected to start warming up promptly at 6:30.
Player Registration & Dues:
- All returning and new players must register through our website prior to practicing
- Annual dues are $250 and cover your player through July 31st, 2020, as well as include USA Rugby registration and liability. Dues may be paid through our website. If you have trouble paying, please reach out to our youth director to make arrangements. Full and partial scholarships are available to those in need.
- With the exception of Carolina Ruggerfest during the 15s season, tournament fees will be split amongst players attending tournament (average $15-$20/player per tournament).
Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, a mouthguard and a warm-up shirt. Discount gear and warm-up shirt can be purchased at our online store on worldrugbyshop.com. Click on “Cobras.” If viewing on a mobile device, first click on “Contracts,” then “Cobras.”
Fall 7s Series Tournaments:
|October 5th, 2019||Poole Road Rugby Complex|
|October 19th, 2019||Charlotte, NC|
|November 2nd, 2019||Charlotte, NC|