In 2017, Raleigh Rugby welcomed the first season for the Triangle’s only high school girls rugby team, the Raleigh Cobras. As the only club in North Carolina with a nationally competitive Division 1 Women’s team, Raleigh’s middle and high school girls programs benefit from working with female coaches that have played high caliber rugby at a national level. The team will have the unique opportunity to work directly with some of Raleigh’s Women’s players at instructional camps and various other events.
Whether just getting started or looking for an opportunity to showcase skills and play in college, players of all skill levels are welcome to join us at any point during the season. As one of the premiere rugby clubs in the triangle, Raleigh Rugby boasts its own, gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, and a family of other teams to help groom you into the best rugby player you can be. Join the movement and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the U.S.
TRAINING SESSIONS, REGISTRATION & DUES:
- Mondays & Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm. Players are expected to arrive between 6-6:15pm to allow time for check-in procedures.
- All returning and new players must register through our website in order to attend a training session, complete the COVID Waiver, and pay dues. If you have trouble paying, please reach out to our youth director to make arrangements. Full and partial scholarships are available to those in need.
- Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Mask, cleats, mouth guards & water bottles are required for training sessions.
Interested players are welcome to attend a few practices before signing-up. To register, please contact our youth director.
PRACTICE, REGISTRATION & DUES:
- Practices are on Mondays & Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm starting 3/1/21. Players are expected to arrive between 6-6:15pm to allow time for check-in procedures.
- All returning 2020/2021 Winter League players must notify our youth director by 3/1/21 if planning to play in Spring.
- New players must register through our website & complete the COVID Waiver. Once registered, you will receive a follow-up email from our our youth director within a week. Please make sure to read all details in that email.
- Location – Poole Road Rugby Complex
- Mask, cleats, mouth guards & water bottles are required for practice & games.
- Dues are $50 for the Spring Season for both returning & new players. If you have trouble paying, please reach out to our youth director to make arrangements. Full and partial scholarships are available to those in need.
Interested players are welcome to attend a practice before signing-up. For more info, please contact our youth director prior to attending.
- Games will be held on Saturdays starting mid-March & running through April. We are hoping to extend the season to May. Game times will vary each week and a detailed schedule will be sent out via our communications platforms the week of.
- Players will be required to wear masks & mouthguards during games. Game day protocols must also be followed.
- Spectators will be allowed to attend but must remain in spectator zone, social distance from other spectators and wear a mask.
- Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, black tall socks, a mouthguard and a Red Cobras Team warm-up shirt. Cobras swag and required gear can be purchased at our online team store.
2021 SPRING SEASON GAME SCHEDULE:
- Saturday, 3/20 @ Raleigh Rugby Football Club
- Saturday, 3/27 @ Raleigh Rugby Football Club
- Saturday, 4/3 @ Raleigh Rugby Football Club (*may travel to Charlotte Area)
- Saturday, 4/10 @ Raleigh Rugby Football Club
- Saturday, 4/17 @ Raleigh Rugby Football Club
- Saturday, 4/24 @ Raleigh Rugby Football Club (*may travel to Charlotte Area)