In 2017, Raleigh Rugby welcomed the first season for the Triangle’s only high school girls rugby team, the Raleigh Cobras. As the only club in North Carolina with a nationally competitive Division 1 Women’s team, Raleigh’s middle and high school girls programs benefit from working with female coaches that have played high caliber rugby at a national level. The team will have the unique opportunity to work directly with some of Raleigh’s Women’s players at instructional camps and various other events.
Whether just getting started or looking for an opportunity to showcase skills and play in college, players of all skill levels are welcome to join us at any point during the season. As one of the premiere rugby clubs in the triangle, Raleigh Rugby boasts its own, gorgeous, Bermuda grass facilities, and a family of other teams to help groom you into the best rugby player you can be. Join the movement and be a part of the fastest growing sport in the U.S.
FALL ’19/SPRING ’20 INFORMATION
- The season will begin on Nov. 4th and last through April 2020.
- We will not have practice due to holidays on the following dates:
- Nov. 27th
- Dec. 23rd through Jan 1st. Practices will resume on Jan 6th.
- Mandatory practices will be every Monday and Wednesday from 6:30-8:30. Players are expected to start warming up promptly at 6:30.
Player Registration & Dues:
- All returning and new players must register through our website prior to practicing
- Annual dues are $250 and cover your player through July 31st, 2020, as well as include USA Rugby registration and liability. Dues may be paid through our website. If you have trouble paying, please reach out to our youth director to make arrangements. Full and partial scholarships are available to those in need.
- With the exception of Carolina Ruggerfest during the 15s season, tournament fees will be split amongst players attending tournament (average $15-$20/player per tournament).
Players will need black rugby shorts, soccer/rugby cleats, a mouthguard and a warm-up shirt. Discount gear and warm-up shirts can be purchased at our online store on worldrugbyshop.com. Click on “Cobras.” If viewing on a mobile device, first click on “Contracts,” then “Cobras.”
Spring 2020 Game Schedule:
|Jan. 19th||12:00pm||Raleigh||Clayton & N. Raleigh||Scrimmage||Corinth Holders High School
6875 Applewhite Rd, Wendell, NC 27591
|Jan. 25th||1:00pm||Raleigh||Wando||Scrimmage||201 Air Tool Dr. Southern Pines, NC 28387|
|Feb. 1st||10:00am||Raleigh||Greensboro||W||Poole Road Rugby Complex|
|Feb. 8th||1:00pm||Wando 2||Raleigh||W||Charleston, SC|
|Feb. 15th||11:00am||Raleigh||Clayton||Greensboro, NC|
|Feb. 22nd||11:00am||Raleigh||Spring Hill||Clayton, NC|
|Feb. 29th||12:00pm||Raleigh||N. Raleigh/Chapel Hill||Chapel Hill, NC|
|Mar. 7th – Mar. 8th||Carolina Ruggerfest||Matthews, NC|
|Mar. 15th||12:30pm||Raleigh||Wando 1||Poole Road Rugby Complex|
|Mar. 21st or Mar. 22nd||TBD||HS Girls Semi-Finals||TBD||Charleston, SC|
|Mar. 28th or 29th||TBD||HS Girls Finals||TBD||Charlotte, NC|